Thursday, September 22, 2016

One week here at the D.R. MTC!



This has probably been the most insane week of my life. The first day literally felt like an entire week!!! Everyday this week has been a struggle to get up and work. I have been constantly having classes, reading the scriptures and feeling the spirit! We had a member of the seventy come talk to us yesterday. It was elder Walter F. Gonzales. He said some pretty cool things that will help me in the field. The weather here is just INSANE! Its feels like walking in an oven and its is sooooooo humid here that you can never stay dry from your sweat. It is by far the most intense weather I have ever felt. Here at the MTC, It is beautiful! Its is an oasis in the middle of this city. The food here is good. We eat A LOT of rice, and chicken. The food here in general is delicious(A lot of exotic fruits and a lot of bananas). My companion and I have to do a lot of role play. It was weird at first, but you get used to it. We play a lot of basket ball here and its fun. MY room consist of Elder: Correria(Canadian), Fisher(Canadian) Gibson(Idaho) and me. I have come to love these brothers a lot. Everyone here speaks spanish!I have only met on sister that is going to barbados and sh is the one in the orange dress. Everyone else is going to Trinidad. Anyway, The flight here was noisy, but cool! I got to fly over New York city and times square! Yesterday we got to leave this compound and do some service down the street. We picked up trash and swept the side walks. There is still a lot more to clean up:p.I have been through a lot of change this week, but I have been prepared for it in many ways. I am sorry about bouncing back and forth between when I got here and now, but I will be better prepared next week! Love you all and I look forward to serving in Barbados!

No comments:

Post a Comment