Sunday, January 15, 2017

I went to Bequia today!!....January 9th letter

We took a ferry to the small island of "Bequia" nearby. The ride lasted one hour going there. We took a van and drove to a sea turtle reserve and got to hold big and small sea turtles. It was so cool! We drove over the entire island and saw pretty much everything. We ate pizza for lunch on the board walk right next to the bay. There were yachts,  sail boats, and  a cruise ship in the bay. An incredible view! (And good pizza)
This week was awesome! Elder Moli and I work very well together. We teach people right on the beach most of the time! The people here are so cool. We went fishing with some locals at night. We didn't catch anything this time, but next time we will.
Since we live on the "country side" of the island, we have coconuts, sugar cane, and spiders fresh at our door step. (I had the biggest spider I have every seen crawl on my foot when I got out of bed yesterday. Long story short, I didn't get pics. because I was to busy smashing it back to oblivion) We helped a family build a house this week. We carried cinder blocks down a very steep slope and onto the foundation. It was a lot of heavy and hard work. We cooled of with more coconut water fresh from the tree (So good) 
I experience so many cool things everyday here. I don't have time to say everything, but I want to let everyone know that I am loving it here in Vincy. This mission has blessed my life in so many way so far. I pray for you all at home everyday. I love you guys. Thank you for the love and support you guys send me. It really means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment