Sunday, August 27, 2017

August 21, 2017


 Hello everyone, I am still here in Grenada and I had a good week.
Though it was stressful to start off with, because we had to do a lot of paper work for the police and insurance in regards to the incident last week. We should have our car tomorrow and I will be driving in here this week. XD

The three of us helped out the branch president more this week. We got to use a hiltte again and and dig out cement in there front living room. It was so much fun. I just miss using power tools. We worked up a good sweat from that.

This week I interviewed my first investigator, from the sisters area, for baptism. I got to meet Diava . She is from Lithuania and her husband is from Grenada. She fed us dinner and after that, we did the interview. I was so privileged to do that. There was an indescribable spirit there during that, and after wards, When I told her she was ready, she insisted on giving me a hug. Everyone there was just so happy! I will never forget that.

When she, and her husband came to church yesterday, Ashton, got up during priesthood and basically bore his testimony about this church being true. He is a very quiet guy, but when he did that, every local, med. student and missionary could feel a  very powerful spirit there.  
That sunday, we borrowed the sister car, and traveled to Gouyave. The mission recently closed This area, and if you look at a map, you will notice it is very far away from everything. We visited with some of the members there as well as a brother in Victoria. We met Br. Dave, He can not leave his bed, and being with him and giving the sacrament, we noticed he was very touched to have us be there. It was a privilege to be there.

It is wonderful to be serving in this part of the Lord's vineyard.
I learn so much everyday even though I have been out for almost a year. 
Also, I will have been to and from Barbados before I email again. We will be meeting Elder Alanzo of the seventy. So wish me a safe travel.
I love and miss you all, Enjoy the solar eclipse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment