Monday, September 17, 2018

2 YEARS! / THE FINAL CHAPTER


Well, this will be my last email.
We found another family this week. I was working with E. Cheshire on a trade-off and we had a lot of fun. He is a rad missionary. 
I got to do something really fun this week. he four black Rock elders went to help "sister White" with a house she owns. It is very big and somewhat empty. When we got there, she didnt have keys and asked us to break in.... AND OH BOY, I was like McGyver! I went from window to window, and looked around for a way in. I climbed on the house and over into the back yard. I then found some hidden keys buried in rubble, and it unlocked a storage room connected to the house, but while exploring it more, I found a secret wall that was a door into the house. It was so cool!! I am McGyver!
We traveled to Sis. Teresa's house for lunch. She lives in my old area near Oistins. She fed us roti and she shared how much it meant to her to have us over, and eating West Indian food. I said my good byes to her.
We had a Barbados service project with all the missionaries, and the missionaries visiting from Martinique. We picked up trash along the sea shore. It was fun cause we did it with my friend, President Owen Waldron. He is hilarious. Seriously, you could be on your death bed, and he would make it the funniest thing in the world. Great guy.
E. Luzayadio is now going to be with E. Jack... I knew It! They will have much success. 
President Fisher was at church by chance yesterday, and I, along with other departing missionaries, was asked to bear my testimony in church. I expressed my love for them and the Caribbean people. 
Some people were crying, and it was something really tender to witness.


I want to thank all of my friends for emailing me, and supporting me even on the hardest days. 
I want to thank my family.  I know that I have drawn closer to them even though we have been far apart.

I love my Savior, I bear testimony that He lives.

It was the BEST TWO YEARS!

I will leave these 2 scriptures as my final words. 

2 Tim. 4:7
3 John 1:13-14

I love you all!
I will see you at home!

With great love,
Grant
(Elder Jacobson)



No comments:

Post a Comment