Sunday, February 25, 2018

Bed Bugs & Beyond!!/ Transfers


Yes sir,
I said bedbugs.
It began with me sitting on my bed on Tuesday morning. I was scratching my arms and I noticed.... I have been itching WAY too much lately... SO, in a fit of RAGE, I threw my sheets off my bed to discover piles of living bedbugs underneath the second mattress. We later discovered they were on my comps bed as well as mine.
Well, I just about fell apart after that. It is hard  when you dont know where you are gunna sleep. Just puts a lot stress on your shoulders.
Well, We demolished the room and cleaned from head-to-toe. I drenched the place with poison and we rushed out to purchase new mattresses and take all of our clothes to a cleaning place.
We were very blessed when the store stayed open 30 minutes later just so we could pick up our new mattresses. As for the old ones, We put them right at the curb and the next morning they were gone! Which means... Someone stole them!!! Gross!
Here is a thought from my dad he sent me a few months ago:
 My mind was drawn to a scripture from the Old Testament in Ecclesiastes 5:12 where it reads, "The sleep of a labouring man is sweet..."  Sometimes it's difficult to sleep or rest with so much responsibility placed upon us at times, but the Lord's promise is that as we faithfully labor in His service, we will have a "renewing of [our] bodies"  
This promise was fulfilled Tuesday night. Everything has been taken care of.

E. Schmidt and I spent a lot of time searching for an new apartment for 2 new sisters that will be coming to our district. It has been super hard, but we manged.
We also got transfers an nothing is changing except 2 new sisters coming to the district and they are super chill. 

We  taught some cool lessons this week. We might be dropping Nigel. It is just so HARD to get people to commit to church!

I love and miss  you ALL back home. Have a great week!
Goodnight, sleep tight and dont let the Bed bugs bite!
-E. Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment