Tuesday, April 3, 2018

F.H.E / M.L.C. / G.C. / Transfers!!!






  One of the families we have been teaching, (Jessica's family) has been awesome!
We introduced to Her and her 3 older boys, and their wives what a "F.H.E". is. We had a fun object lesson and then a game that had them laughing for days! Its called "Splash". We are noticing the fruits from the gospel are becoming part of their lives. It is awesome. We also did service for them. We helped pressure wash their little shop they own. They fed us some real nice "fish cakes" then the fed us lunch. I love this family.
We had another 4 hour M.L.C. meeting over skype and we have been counseling the goals we have set and what could be improved.
I got to do a trade-off with a good friend of mine in the mission (E. Newman).
General Conference was Lit!
We had 7 of our investigators come, and all were stunned and amazed by it! One of the families (Mandla & Kindra) came for one session then left..... They were walking down the street until the both stopped and felt like they needed to go back. They knew when they came back, that this is where they NEEDED to be. The next day we visited them and answered many of their awesome question. The couple looked a teach other and looked at us and said they are seriously considering baptism now. They understand this is the way. The father broke into tears and told us he wants to be sealed and baptize his brother as proxy, who is dead. What a sacred experience.
Going back to conference, I honestly like the new changes. I really feel it is for the best. I felt an honor to sustain President Nelson as Prophet and President of the church. What a GREAT man!
7 new temples!!! India! Russia!! WOW!
President Herrington flew to St. Lucia on Thursday, and we happened to run into him at the airport, and he saw me and decided to tell me my transfer call!!!! I am going to ST. MARTEN! WOW! That will make it my fifth and last island. I am grateful to have the rare chance of visiting, and serving on ALL 5 English islands. St. Marten is actually half Dutch and Half French. It is super tiny  and recently suffered from a category 5 hurricane just a few months ago. I know there will be a lot of service opportunities there. I am excited for it. I will be with E. Larson and he has been out for a few months. I have met him before. Should be fun. I am no longer a ZL. President is giving me a break... ha ha. That's what he says.
The hard part is saying goodbye to the people I have met and come to love. Members have shared the coolest things and and nicest things to me as I prepare to leave. I hope to come back one day.
I love this mission.
I miss you all.
Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment