Monday, April 23, 2018

19 Months in the Mission!



E. Larson and I are working our area well. We get the chance to visit a "boys home" and share a message with them. We are not allowed to teach our doctrine, but we can share a uplifting thought with them. It is great way to still be a missionary.
Carnival started this week here in Sint Maarten, and it is crazy just as usual!
There are big trucks with large speakers on them that drive around the island at night.
This week I hit 19 months, and it feels great. Sometimes it is stressful to think about coming home, but I still got time.
Yesterday, I gave a talk in church. I used Lynn G. Robbins talk from General conference, and I also used an article called: "Mindset" as well. My dad gave that article to me, and it has helped me very much. So, I thought I would share it with others.
We have found many new investigators this week. We are teaching many people from many different countries around the world. We teach some lessons in Spanish (I try to speak Spanish) and we also learn phrases in Dutch, French, and others.

We played some golf this morning with our mission president!! He is so cool! He and Sis. Herrington treated us to a nice lunch at a resort here. We have zone conference tomorrow, and it should be great!
Here is a picture of an iguana our land lords dog killed, and ate. There are a lot of them here!
Well, Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
-Grant




No comments:

Post a Comment