Monday, April 23, 2018

Flying up the island chain/ I'm in St. Martin!! - Update April 9, 2018



Boy, It has been hard to say good bye to the people of St. Lucia. I will miss that place and I hope I get to return again one day.
I took a flight from St. Lucia to St. Vincent, then Barbados then to Guadeloupe where I spent the night at a super fancy 4 star resort with other missionaries! I got stuck in St. vincent for 2 hours and Barbados for 3 hours... "Liat" is terrible! When Arriving in Barbados, I met 3 other elders coming with me to St. martin (Jackson, Orme, Bennett) 
We spent the night at "La Creole" When Elder Cook came to dedicate the island, this is where he stayed ;)
 It was so nice! It is owned by the french and the know how to cook real nice food! Oh The food was SO good! It was a party and a nice break from all the flying we do.
While on our way to St. martin the next day, I got to see MANY islands. I saw them all!
That was something really special, to witness the beauty of these tiny islands in this large sea.
Upon arrival in St. Martin, the damage done by hurricane Irma is incredible! Most large palm trees are blown down or sideways, buildings have been ravaged by debris and a lot of them are destroyed.
It is a lot better than it used to be. It is still taking a toll here, but its ok. 
I met my new comp E. Larson, And I like him. He is super cool.
I hope we find much success here this transfer.
I would describe the climate here as a desert! It is very dry and not a lot of greenery. Maybe due to the past storm.
Well, we visited a small Star Wars museum here! It was neat. A lot of fun meeting "Nick Marley" He did made the Yoda character and many other props on the set.
I look forward to this coming week, and getting to know the island and the people here more.

Also, There are so many iguanas here! It is crazy!
 I love and miss you all!
-E. Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment