Tuesday, April 3, 2018

18 Months!- March 19th

I hit that 18 Month mark, and I feel pretty good. time goes faster yet trials can get tougher.
I counted a total of seven new bed bug bites on my arm and shoulder. We spent time spying our place with insecticide. When we went to bed that night, and E. Schmidt had an asthma attack, but we didnt know until 4 days later. It was triggered bu the spray.
We went to a medical clinic Saturday to get his cough fixed and we spent 5 hours there! But while in the waiting room, there was a tv playing some movies. I was studying my scriptures when I noticed a new movie came on... I saw : "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." OH NO! STAR WARS episode 8 started to play!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH! ðŸ˜± I haven't seen it yet! I immediately left the room! My comp stayed and waited until they called him into the office. So he watched some of it and begged to tell me what he saw! I threatened him not to!!! I must wait for my family!
So, I followed him into the back room to stay with him during his treatment. He had to breathe through a mask for a long time to clear up his lungs, and while waiting...I felt a sting on my belly... I opened up my shirt to find a GIANT CENTIPEDE crawling on me!!! The doctors and nurses there were freaking out! I threw it out and smashed it to oblivion! The doctor kindly brought out some creme for the bite and I am ok. That gave me the creeps. Hopefully I wont die.
We had to go to the hospital to continue his treatment, and my comp stayed the night! I got permission to go back home to get some sleep at the Ciceron elders apartment. It was a crazy day.
We picked E. Schmidt up the next morning and he is ok now.
This week  we got super rejected but are teaching some awesome families.
Our struggle is getting people to go to church still.
We are teaching a family that lives four houses down from where we live and they are amazed from the answers we have. All thanks to the BoM.
We also were told to shop for a new car. We are most likely getting a Hyundia i20 (2018). I want the color white. Cause white cars look nice. ;)
We also drove to Vieux Fort to open a new apartment for a new senior couple. 
I am grateful for this week. I have learned a lot.
I love and miss EVERYONE!
Take care, and stay safe,
-Grant (Elder Jacobson)

No comments:

Post a Comment