Friday, June 22, 2018

21 Months In The Mission!!





Hey Fam.
We cut to cut sugar cane grass for service this week.... thing is, sugar cane grass is the equivalent of cutting knives! If you touch it, you will cut your hand!My laft hand is shredded from that.
On Wednesday, I hit 21 months... I remember when I had 21 months left! Time sure does fly.
We had a ZL trade-off and I went with Elder Nordgren. He is super awesome. While opening coconuts with my bare hands for a lady, E. Nordgren cut his hand while scooping out the coconut with a knife! I sure put my Boy scout first aid to work! Hahaha. I just dumped super glue on it, and it has made a great recovery!
A shout-out to Bro. Nuffer for teaching me that!
There was baptism on Saturday for the sisters. While filling the font, we found a massive centipede! The people here kill them every time they see them.
WE had a great lesson with Henry Alfred again. We plan to teach him about baptism for the dead. He was concerned with the Spirit world, Priesthood, and reformers from the early centuries. The Spirit answered those so well!
Jonathan came to church again. afterwards, he asked us more about what tithing is. He was so happy to hear that we ONLY pay 10%. He thought we payed all! Some members do though.... Again, The spirit taught him so well the importance of tithing.
After the lesson, he said: "I need to fast  for what day I will get baptized" So awesome!
Everything is good here. The mission president and his wife leave next week, and the members here are preparing for their farewell.
I hope you all have a super week!
-Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment