Sunday, July 22, 2018

22 Months!/ Unexpected Transfer Call




I reached 22 months, and it feels weirder an weirder every day. Time is slipping away.
This week, President Waldron lost a chess match and had to take us out to eat. He bought us lunch and drove us to a nice beach side restaurant. He is like our body guard... NO one messes with us when He is around.
We also did some Garden work with him and his parents. They run a garden on church owned property.... not sure why, but it was fun!
A couple nights ago, We were in Oistins, and a lot of bad  things happened, and lessons fell through and we were far from home, and it was late too.
I just sat down on a lot of grass and just laid down I was so tired. We were miles away from home, and I shouted at a car turning a corner and he stopped and got out to talk to us. He saw that we needed a ride and so he took us ALL of the way home! "Orley" was his name... BLESS his heart. I will never forget that name!
A tender Mercy of the Lord! We do our best, and Jesus does the rest.
We taught Jonothans mom this week, and she was so anti against us.... That was sad....  All people need to do, is listen and "TRY' our words....
I perceived a phone call Friday morning and The Ap's gave me a Transfer call to Move to White Hall, Black Rock Barbados. I will be with an French African Elder (Who has been waiting for his Visa to come for a WHOLE entire year!)
I will teach him English and It should be fun!
I am, sad to know that i am leaving here. I will deeply miss president Waldron and many other members.
I join him this Thursday. We need prayers so that this elder can make it. This is his THIRD attempt to fly to the mission! hopefully his new USA visa will work for him.
The church IS TRUE. I love these people. I love my mission.
I would like to hear from friends, so send me an email.
Have a great week fam!
-Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment